Here you will find information on my project timeline, T&C’s and other useful info.
YOUR PROJECT FORM
Your project form will be made up of three parts, The starting part of your project, The deposit part and the completion part of your project. You will only be issued one project form which will be used throughout your project, so please keep it in a safe place.
PROJECT NUMBER – (Where to find yours)
Your Customer/Project Number can be found at the top of your project form.
It will have 8 digits, starting with a date we first spoke and then your initials and will looking like this – 24/05/17/AA
FROM START TO FINISH – (OpenOpen project timeline)
If you decide to make contact with me, then below will show you how my project timeline will work.
- 1, I will arrange to come and see you and talk through what you are looking for and to take measurements. Project Form issued and the Blue part of the form completed, Please keep your Project Form safe.
- 2, In a day or so I will contact you with a quote for the work in hand.
- 3, If or when you are happy to go ahead with the work, I will pop round to double check measurements, to take a 50% deposit for the work and to arrange a day for the work to start. The Green part of your Project Form will be completed and will be your receipt for your deposit.
- 4, Your item(s) are ordered. This could be up to 2 weeks.
- 5, Once your order is in, I will let you know and double check the start date with you.
- 6, Installation day. Item(s) installed and if the job is 100% completed, the remaining balance is paid. The Red and final part of your Project Form will be completed and will be your receipt for the remaining balance and your 1 years workmanship warranty.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – (OpenOpen T&C’s)
So now for the boring but important stuff, my Terms & Conditions. – I’ll try to keep this brief!
PLEASE NOTE – The person(s) buying the products are ‘The Customer(s)’ and ‘OpenOpen, OpenOpenUK, OpenOpen.UK’ is selling and installing the product(s).
Apart from a deposit, I will not ask you to pay the remaining balance until the job is 100% complete. I believe that trust works both ways! Once your installation is completed, payment can be made in cash or through a bank transfer up to seven days after.
A minimum of 50% deposit is required for all projects.
You will receive a receipt for your deposit.
Which ever room I am working in, in your home, may I please ask that there is enough room to work in and that there is room to get to the job in hand (inside & out). Please make sure that window boards are cleared and any blinds/nets are taken down (if you are able too).
Blinds, Curtains and Nets
I will take no responsibility for any damage to blinds, curtains or nets, if asked to remove them or if I have to remove them because you were unable too. If net wires were attached to your old windows then I will replace them but be aware that your old wires may not reach depending on the new style of windows fitted. This also go’s for your blinds and curtains as they may not fit properly with you new windows.
I try and use as little trim as possible but sometime there’s no way around it and your new products may need a lot of trimming up but I will talk to you about this as close to the start of your install as possible.
Sand & Cement, Render, Pebble Dash and Plastering
With any new install, sometimes old and weak render, plaster etc (especially in old buildings) can come loose. If this happens, I will repair with new render, pebble dash, plaster etc but this will be down to the customer to sand down and paint it if they so wish. 99% of the time it’s just the horns at the bottom of the outside door/window sill that needs repairing but there’s still that 1% chance that your install may need a bit more work.
I will take no responsibility for your pets when working in your home. If you are OK with your cat walking outside an open front door then let me know but please could you keep any dogs out of my way as they tend to be more inquisitive and may get hurt.
Because of the nature of the glass production process, glass surfaces free of any marks cannot be guaranteed. I will try my best to resolve any issues you have but the standards set out by The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) are final with the Window & Door factories. For more information on scratches, blisters and hairlines, click here.
Condensation is not caused by double glazing (although new windows can sometimes make a condensation problem worse, by cutting out draughts). Any windows ordered from OpenOpen that would need trickle vents (i.e. Kitchen) would be ordered as standard, unless asked not to. For more information on condensation, click here.